Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing #18

I have used Googledocs before, but I really took time to explore this application. I found an application that I would love to use with students to edit documents online with a student via an email account. When I don't have time to really discuss writing with students, we could revise compositions at home through email. If I am scoring papers anyway, why not have the student on the line so I can discuss revisions with them. I love the "rollback to the previous version option." My husband saves all of his documents online. Now I see why. Googledocs automatically allows one to save documents online, and they are accessible by any computer anytime. The templates are unbelievable -- 447. Wow! I found a Christmas card template that had a Youtube video inserted. We are going to try it for this year. I love it!

I downloaded OpenOffice. It took 30 minutes. No downloading for Googledocs. After I registered and began exploring, I decided that I wasn't sure that I was ready to open a new project. I need more information. I think it would be great for exploring a concept with full collaboration from all participants. It might be a great way for teachers to complete a book study with participation from all learners. I would love to view a video or something to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment