Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? My favorite discoveries were Rollyo and RSS feeds. I started the summer wanting to add RSS feeds and to learn more about them, so I think that is an important reason that it was a favorite. The Rollyo app is such a useful addition to my research instruction that I can't wait to use it at school. I also like the mash-ups. We are going to use trading cards in research this year.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I really needed to begin to use more of Web 2.0 applications. I now understand and see many opportunities to use them in the library.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of completing the tasks. I was a little concerned that there might be sections were I felt like I was in over my head. I felt like the process was very well organized and explained so no one would feel overwhelmed. The video clips, screen shots, Youtube videos and explanations were just fabulous! It is apparent that much time and effort went into this online course. It was much appreciated.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I thought it was a great overview of Web 2.0, and it gave us a great place to begin our journey of in-depth study.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Yes, but I would like to explore fewer areas in more depth.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Enlightening!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a successful summer adventure. Hope you will continue to share your thoughts and successes here in your blog!

    ReplyDelete