Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #20 continuing

Ok, just in case there is someone who is having a lot of trouble with your video, here is what I did. After working for one day, just trying to download the video into the edit Html code directly on the blog, I decided that was useless. If I logged on using Mozilla, it worked, but not if I used Internet Explorer. At the dinner table, we discussed this and the conclusion was that I was working with Google apps and Mozilla interfaced better than Internet Explorer because it is a Microsoft application.

The second day, I downloaded the URL not the embed code into Zamzar (be sure you use the download tab) and they converted it to .wmv. (That means windows media viewer-- just in case you are clueless like I am.) I tried to copy the link and paste it in my blog using the html code. Didn't work at all... Well, I was beginning to panic because the converted file is only available for 24 hours, so I downloaded it into my documents. Then I begged my son for help. In about 60 seconds, he took the information that I gave him and added the video to the blog. He said the edit html was not the way to add the video. On the toolbar, he chose the video tab and browsed to my documents and added the video. Done, that was it; I was esctatic, but skeptical. It took a while -- (15 minutes for the video to load), and wah lah -- it works. It is a video for Animoto. I want to create one, so I am glad I have a copy of the video in my documents.

The bottom line is: Use Zamzar -- download tab --using the URL from the video -- convert to .wmv. Once it is in your email, save it in your documents. Go to your blog, choose the video tab, browse and add your video. I hope this helps. This is day three for the video for me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what type of video were you trying to upload? I am sorry you had all this trouble. However, Zamzar does help a lot as you found out.

    If you were trying to upload A youtube, or Teachertube video they will upload in those formats.

    you can embed the code but you MUST be on the html tab of the post box.

    Please email me if you want to discuss more...I really don't wantt you to have to spend 3 days doing anything

    ReplyDelete