Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #22 Nings

I really was not aware of Nings. As I read the 7 things about Nings, I kept wondering if I could set up a Ning for my high school class. I haven't seen many of them in years, and I wondered if I could connect to any of them.

I think it is great that nings can remain private. I noticed on all the Nings that I looked at that you had to be a member to comment. They all mentioned spammers and that all members would have to be approved first. I really liked the Teacher Librarian Ning and the Texas School Librarian Ning. I recognized many of the names and people on the Texas Library Ning. It wasn't as all inclusive as the Teacher Librarian Ning. I tried to view several of the videos, but they weren't properly embedded, so they did not work. (Boy do I know how hard that can be.) I thought it was a great place to look for a job opportunity especially if you had to move. I read several of the blog posts and found some ideas that I can use in my library. I also found opportunities for courses for librarians to take online. Thanks for opening my eyes to Nings.

No comments:

Post a Comment