Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #17 Rollyo

First of all, I want to recognize Bruce Goodner for his fabulous video. The Common Craft Guys have nothing better than what he created for Rollyo. I had absolutely no idea about Rollyo, yet I was able to search websites and create a specific Rollyo in about 25 minutes. This is one of my favorite discoveries so far. The site that I created will be used next year for 5th grade research.
http://rollyo.com/m0101189/americanrevolution5/

Because teachers are able to customize the list of search sites, almost like a filtered search engine, student searches will be more effective, more efficient, and fewer irrelevant results will be returned. No longer will students and teachers be overwhelmed by an abundance of returns; student searches will yield positive results immediately. Rollyo creates customized lists that are pertinent and narrow. I am so glad that Bruce explained the blue results. As I reviewed the results of a couple of searches, I was surprised at first to see the blue results because the sites weren't in my customized list.

In order to make searching, more efficient, I have previously created pages with URLS for students to use. We housed it on the Sdrive. I love Rollyo because it takes searching up a notch and asks students to search and make choices.

Thank you again, Bruce. You made this thing super simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment