Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #11 LibraryThing

Wow! I never knew this existed. As I have perused several of the blogs for 23 Things, I have noticed that a few have the LibraryThing on their blogs. Using this site is super simple and it is even easier to add books.
I really like that I can look at older books and see the reviews of several members. I am in an elementary school library that has had several librarians and I don't have time to read every single older book. LibraryThing allows me to at least have an idea about many of the books.
I found a group called Children's Literature that review children's books. It is perfect for me. The Name that Book group is great for finding the name of a book that I can't remember at the moment. There are lots of people out there to help.
I can hardly wait for the "Wish List" option. I can see reviews for books that I am thinking about purchasing for my library before I buy them. In the current economy and shrinking budgets, my collections needs to be only the best.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Name that Book option, too, but had forgotten about it. I joined Library Thing and began putting my books in, but blogging consumed me! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Children's Literature blog is a good one and I as a classroom teacher really appreciate the reviews. I don't have time to read all the new books for my age level. so I love the reviews.

    ReplyDelete