Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #9 More RSS

I am enjoying this section of the Web 2.0 experience. I found Edublog to be the most effective site for library blogs. I found Blue Skunk which led me to even more blogs. The Google blog search is really easy, but it didn't seem to narrow the search enough.

The most confusing of the blog searches involved School Library on Suprglu. It seemed to be only one blog -- more like a diary than sharing information. All of the posts were from one librarian. Maybe I just didn't search the site correctly.
Technorati looke like a good source, but part of the site was down due to a fix that is in progress. I plan to go back at a later date and check it out. The tutorial was very straightforward.

My favorite way to search for blogs is to look at the blogs that are listed on a trusted blog site and check those out. It's like the search is already done. From Chicken Spaghetti, I located Kathy Schrock's blog and Literate Lives. I added both of those quickly to my RSS feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment