Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #7

I have used several Google Applications. My husband and I are searching for land in the hill country, and we used Google Earth to zoom in and check out neighboring tracts of land. We found chicken farms, landfills, and pig farms adjacent to several tracts of land for sale. This application has saved us lots of time.

Atomic learning has been a great spot to search for PowerPoints on different library topics. There are several good presentations on the Dewey Decimal System. This application really narrows the search. I have not been a librarian very long, and I can view several Powerpoints on many topics and make sure that I am teaching everything that I should.

I thought Google Advance Search was a great way to direct students to scholarly articles, but my Baylor daughter has informed me that it is not an acceptable site for college students.

I set up an iGoggle home page. Wow! I love it. It was so easy and there are hundreds of gadgets. I had a great time adding/deleting, adding more and playing. I love how it integrates with the Goggle calendar. The homepage was the most fun of all the applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment