Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #8


Learning more about RSS feeds was a goal of mine for the summer. Now I have a Google reader and have added several of my favorite sites that I used to spend so much time navigating to and reading and navigating to the next site and reading. This leads me to the most important advantage of Google reader and RSS -- time management. I am able to scan all the new posts, read the parts I am interested in -- all from my iGoogle page. Yeah!!

Any information that I gain from additional reading of blogs will benefit my school because librarians are used as support staff. Since our site-based technologists have been elimated, the technology support will land heavily on librarians. Librarian in Black and librarian philosopher commit most of their blogs to the newest technology and applications for libraries.

In my search for additional blogs, I found a book for primary reading teachers that I believe will be a great resource for our teachers. Administrators, teachers, and the library benefit when instruction is supported. Anything that saves time for anyone in education is beneficial.
I added a rain cloud because I have almost forgotten what they look like. Houston is looking brown.


1 comment:

  1. I love Google Reader too. Like you stated, it helps with time managment. What a great way to keep up with blogs and have the ability to select what you want to read. It helps me keep up with technology so I can share with others on my campus.

    ReplyDelete