Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #13 Social bookmarking

I have used delicious before, but I stopped using it. Since I have re-examined it, I can see ways it is much better than just adding websites to Favorites. I am going transfer several of my favorites over to delicious and tag them. I understand tag clouds.

When I clicked on the hyperlink for Furl and watched the demo, it took me directly to Diigo, and I was so surprised. I have seen Diigo on several of friend's emails, but I was unsure exactly what it was. It doesn't look as easy to use as Delicious or Digg. When I checked out the top 30 social bookmarking sites, there was Digg. It looks extremely user-friendly.
Magnolia is completely down. I made a few comments so the originators would be aware. The podcast and video are no longer up. I searched Delicious on YouTube and found a super video on Delicious. I also checked out the site for FAQ for delicious.

As for how I will use it in the library, I am not sure it is appopriate in the elementary setting. It seems much more appropriate for the high school level. I like to use our databases for research and most of the online encyclopedias are reading level friendly. We can bookmark those pages and place them in the work location and the students can look at the entries that we starred. I know I can trust the information on those sites.

I think it will help organize my web information, and that is a huge plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment